Installing the PostScript printer driver and creating a virtual printer
When you install the PostScript printer driver, you can create a virtual printer that will enable you to create PostScript files from any application:
To install the PostScript printer driver and create a virtual printer:
1. Double-click the downloaded Winsteng.exe file to start the Adobe PostScript Printer Driver setup program, and then click Next.
2. Click Accept to accept the End User License Agreement.
3. In the Printer Connection Type dialog box, select the Local Printer option, and then click Next.
4. Select FILE: Local Port in the Port Selection dialog box, and then click Next.
5. Click Browse in the Select Printer Model dialog box.
6. Navigate to the Acrobat Distiller PPD file you downloaded to your hard disk. Select Acrobat Distiller, and then click OK.
Note: In addition to English, Adobe provides four additional localized Distiller PPD files for use when creating PostScript files that contain double-byte fonts: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, and Korean.
7. Click Next.
8. In the Sharing dialog box select Not Shared, and then click Next.
9. Enter Create Adobe PDF in the Printer Name text box, select No for both options, and then Click Next.
10. Click Install.
11. Select No in the Printer Configuration dialog box, and then click Next.
12. Click Finish, and then restart the computer if prompted. A new printer icon appears in the list of printers.