How To Insert a Drop Cap in a PageMaker Document
July 12, 2006 | 0 comments
Drop caps are one variety of initial capitals — those oversized letters used at the start of some paragraphs to catch the eye and lead the reader into the text. Here’s how to use the drop cap plug-in in Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 for Windows.
- With the text tool, highlight the letter you wish to make into a drop cap.
- Select Utilities | Plug-ins | Drop caps… from the menu bar.
- In the Drop cap dialog box change the Size to the number of lines of text you want the letter to drop into the paragraph (the default is 3).
- Select Apply to see how the Drop cap will look.
If you don’t like it, select Remove then try again.
- When you are satisfied with your Drop cap, select the Close button on the Drop cap dialog box.
- If you want to use a different typeface for the Drop cap, make the changes before using the Drop cap plug-in.