How To Import Text Into Adobe PageMaker 6.5
Adobe PageMaker can import text files from a number of programs. If you have a word processing file or other editor file, it only takes a few steps to import text into PageMaker.
- Open your Adobe PageMaker 6.5 document or create a new file.
- Select the text tool (or any other tool) from the toolbar in Adobe PageMaker.
- Choose File | Place… or Press Ctrl-D (Win) or Command-D (Mac).
- Select your file in the box that appears.
- Depending on the type of file selected, a box may appear asking you to select an import filter or options for the text import filter (removing carriage returns). Make a selection or accept the defaults.
- Place the text cursor — which looks like the upper left corner of a piece of paper — onto a page.
- Click or click and drag to draw a specific size of text box. Your text will appear in a text box on the page.
- Reposition and format the text as required.
- When you import text from a word processing file, if your program doesn’t appear in the filter list, you can try other filters but you’ll probably need to install the correct filter in order to import text.
- If you don’t have a filter for your word processing program, try opening the file in your word processor and converting it to another format or plain text file.
- HTML files will automatically place themselves on the page. Be sure you have your document open to the page you want the HTML file to appear.