How To Create a Bullet List in a PageMaker Document
A bullet list is a list of words, phrases, or sentences set apart with a simple bullet or numbers at the start of of each line. Bullet lists can help to set apart information or provide a list of steps to be taken to accomplish a task. Here’s how to use the bullets and numbering plug-in in Adobe PageMaker 6.5 for Windows.
- With the text tool, highlight the lines to which you want to add bullets or numbers or put your cursor at the start of the first line (paragraph).
- Select Utilities | Plug-ins | Bullets and numbering… from the menu bar.
- In the Bullets and numbering dialog box select the style of bullet you want to use from the choices given or use the Edit button to select a different font or bullet or size for the bullet.
- If you want a numbered list instead of bullets, select the Numbers button. Choose a numbering style and specify the number range to use if you don’t want to start with number 1.
f you highlight the text you want bulleted or numbered, choose Only selected paragraphs for the Range; otherwise, specify the number of paragraphs that you want bulleted.
- Select Ok to add your selected bullet or number style.
- Be consistent in your use of bullets. Too many different styles in a publication or mixed bullets in one list are confusing.
- Numbers are good for lists of tasks that are best done sequentially or to designate relative importance among items in the list.