How To Count Words and Characters in PageMaker
July 12, 2006 | 0 comments
The Word Counter plug-in in Adobe PageMaker is a quick way to see how many words are in your entire publication or selected portions. Use it to determine copyfitting needs or to count the total number of stories that make up a publication.
Time Required: NA
- To count all words in your publication, with no text selected choose Utilities | Plug-ins | Word Counter
- The Word Counter dialog displays a count for Characters, Words, Sentences, Paragraphs, Text Objects, and Stories.
- To count words for only portions of your publication, highlight the text in a text block (or a portion of it) with the text tool then choose Utilities | Plug-ins | Word Counter.
- The Adobe PageMaker Word Counter is not available from the Story Editor.
- Character count does not include spaces but does include punctuation. Words with hyphens (such as eye-catching) count as one word.
- If selected text contains no ending punctuation (period, question mark, exclamation) then the Word Counter will say there are no sentences in the selection.