FM6.0p357, released April 2000
Note: See also issues present in previous releases of FrameMaker, as as they may also apply to FrameMaker 6.0 (unless indicated otherwise)
- (fixed in FM7.1) DocInfo values (PDF Setup) are reset when importing formats from other documents with the Document Properties category turned on (become blank when importing from the current document).
- Corrections in FrameMaker 6.0 (ATN 325247)
- Extra Bookmarks in a PDF File Created from a FrameMaker Book (ATN 327097)
- Text characters missing in printed FrameMaker document or in PDF file (ATN 324972)
- Can’t Locate Online Manuals, Samples, and Clip Art Included with FrameMaker 6.0 or Later (ATN 325962)
- Error when creating a PostScript file (“Cannot write to specified print file”, FrameMaker on Windows 2000, XP) (ATN 331115)
Solution: recreate the FILE port (if missing) and then create a PostScript file.
- Error “Cannot display some imported graphics. The images will appear as gray boxes” occurs after you rotate PDF file in FrameMaker (6.x-7.0 on Windows) (ATN 327178)
- Random named destinations are missing in PS output (causing bad links) when Create Named Destinations for All Paragraphs (PDF Setup, Links tab) is turned off, resulting in bad links/bookmarks
[Distiller 5 displays the following: “Warning: The following Names in Name Tree Dests were not defined”, but this warning will not be displayed if the book is printed to separate files and the missing destination is used by a cross-file link]
Workaround: Turn on Create Named Destinations for All Paragraphs.
- FrameMaker crashes (6004, 4374856, 6618507, 6618421) when trying to open the Print dialog twice. To reproduce: Open a .book file and right-click any chapter line in the list. From the context menu, click Print. From the Print dialog, click the PDF Setup button. Close the PDF Setup for Selected Files dialog. With the Print dialog still open, click another chapter line in the .book file. From the context menu, click Print… Frame crashes. [Damon Constantinides]
- When searching book-wide, FrameMaker may go into a loop within one chapter.
Workarounds: switch to Find Backward for one find, then deselect Find Backward [Alannah McTighe]; click within the chapter and then the book-wide search continues after a few more stops within the loop chapter [Roger Jones].
- Limitations of Tagged PDF Content from FrameMaker, in Creating Accessible PDF Files from FrameMaker 6.0 in Windows (ATN 326295)
- When opening a MIF file and printing it to a PS file after turning Acrobat data on (or occasionally with a binary FrameMaker file if the file was last saved when Acrobat data was off), hypertext links in otherwise empty table cells on body pages 2 and higher may be incorrectly placed (typically in the top-left corner of the page). This is visible when viewing the PDF in Acrobat with the Link tool turned on.
Workaround: save the file as a binary FrameMaker after turning Acrobat data on, then open and print.
- FrameMaker crashes (x004,5132552,5131686,5131456) when saving a List of Markers if source markers have more than one paragraph.
Workaround: use a single paragraph in the marker text, with
indicating new lines [Shirley Yardeni]
- FrameMaker/Windows: Using f to search for end of flow or end of table cell does not work as described in the user guide and help; use x0b instead [Stefan Gentz]
- FMSGML: Incorrect Running Header/Footer [Evan Olson]
- Troubleshoot system errors or freezes in FrameMaker (ATN 331964)
- FrameMaker Shortcuts Don’t Work on Keyboard Configured for Non-U.S. English Language (ATN 323654)
- Removing a single condition does not work as expected
- FrameMaker 6.0 Crashes When Opening Documents with Missing Files in Windows XP (ATN 326473)
- CMYK Color Problems in a Document or PDF File Created from FrameMaker in Windows (ATN 324220)
- Color in CMYK TIFF Images Appears Incorrect in FrameMaker (ATN 310159)
- Landscape Pages Become Portrait After Converting FrameMaker Document to PDF (ATN 317994)
- Distilling may fail when creating PDFs or distilling PS files with Structured PDF information:
(%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: pdfmark; ErrorInfo: StRetrieve P127021 ]%%
Stack: /StRetrieve) ...
Workaround: turn off Generate PDF Structure in PDF Setup
- Bookmark Setup for Books is Unreliable
- Error “Unable to find a FrameMaker Product…” When Installing ODMA Plug-in Included with FrameMaker 6.0 for Windows (ATN 319416)
- Colored Graphics in Imported PDF Files Print Black-and-White from FrameMaker 6.0 (ATN 326111)
- Chapter or Volume Number Repeats in a Page Range in a FrameMaker 6.0 Index (ATN 321336)
- Equations Appear Incorrect in FrameMaker 6.0/Mac (ATN 325676)
- Cannot Type the “1” or “+” Character in Equations Palette of French or German FrameMaker 6.0 for Windows (ATN 325747)
- Alert “…’PowerMgrLib’ could not be found” when Starting FrameMaker 6.0 in Mac OS (ATN 320463)
- Message “[PDFSize] Warning: Cannot save client settings” after Closing FrameMaker 6.0/Unix (ATN 320408)
- Sort Table Utility Returns Inconsistent Results in FrameMaker (ATN 323777)
- FrameMaker 6.x or 7.0 Crashes in Windows if You Choose Help > About FrameMaker (ATN 327291)
- Text in a Rotated PDF File Appears Incorrectly in FrameMaker 6.0 or Later/Mac (ATN 324989)
- FrameMaker 6.0 or Later Quits in Mac OS When You Rearrange Documents in an Unsaved Book File (ATN 319195)
- FrameMaker 6.x Keyboard Shortcuts Don’t Work in Mac OS when a Microsoft Application Is Running (ATN 325996)
- Error “Distiller could not produce a PDF File…” in FrameMaker 6.0 with Acrobat 5.0 and Mac OS (ATN 326117)
- Error: “Cannot lock this file…” when opening or saving a document (FrameMaker on Mac OS 9.x and earlier) (ATN 310261)
- 4-bit TIFF File Causes FrameMaker 6.0 to Crash in UNIX (ATN 326220)
- FrameMaker 6.0 Fails to Grant or Retain a License in Solaris 2.8 with IPv6 (ATN 326075)
- System Variables <$chapnum> and <$volnum> export to SGML as text instead of Entity References
- Non-container cannot be used as an SGML text inset
- Several properties for PDF missing or incorrect in fapidefs.h
- The 6.0p357 to 6.0p405 patch available at adobe.com (FrameMaker / FrameMaker+SGML) fixes the following problems:
#348631: French & German new documents have CreateAllNamedDestinations (PDF Setup) option turned on.
#350065: Structured documents with non-element hypertext markers cause FrameMaker+SGML to crash when the documents are saved as HTML.
#350067: Searching in a book with the Marker dialog box open causes FrameMaker to want to add a marker.
#350887: When changing a color tint’s name or definition in a book, the color is deleted and replaced with Black.
Hypertext Links in Master Pages not Converted to Acrobat Links (ATN 325369)
#346068: Crash when trying to print a file created with many fonts.
#347258: French Installer menu has 2 font sizes.
#352889: Kerned pairs appear less squeezed on the screen than in print