Error or Other Issues When Starting Acrobat Messenger
Error or Other Issues When Starting Acrobat Messenger 1.0x
When you try to start Adobe Acrobat Messenger 1.0x, one or more of the following problems occur:
— The computer performs very slowly.
— The minimized windows that appear at the bottom of the screen flicker.
— The window on the right side of the Acrobat Messenger screen is blank and does not contain the Acrobat Messenger graphic.
— The system returns one or more of the following errors:
– “Failure to Create PhotoView Obj!”
– “Error while initializing Messenger PDFViewer. Unable to contact the Name Service.”
– “Error while enumerating subscribers: KioskConsoleException. org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: Name Service may not be running!”
– “The process launched by the command line c:Program FilesAdobeMessenger 1.0ORDomniORBx86_Win32omniNames” did not last longer than 1 second(s)!”
– “An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. KioskWatchDog.e.exe Exception: access violation (0xc00000005) Address: 0x5f40f348”
– “Error while enumerating subscribers: KioskConsoleException. Kiosk Clients not found.”
Make sure that the Acrobat Messenger workstation is configured properly for the network:
1. Return to Windows NT. For instructions, refer to page 18 of the Adobe Acrobat Messenger 1.0 Administrator Guide.
2. Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click Network, and click the Protocols tab.
3. Make sure that TCP/IP Protocol is listed under Network Protocols; if it is n’t, do the following:
a. Add TCP/IP Protocol. If you need assistance, contact your network administrator or Microsoft Technical Support.
b. Reinstall the Windows NT Service Pack installed on the workstation. (To determine the version of the Service Pack, choose Start > Run, type “winver” [without the quotation marks] in the Open text box, and then click OK.) If you need to obtain a copy of the Service Pack, visit Microsoft’s Web site at www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/ . If you need help reinstalling the Service Pack, contact Microsoft Technical Support.
c. Restart the computer, and then return to step 1.
4. Select TCP/IP Protocol, and then click Properties.
5. Click the IP Address tab, select Specify an IP Address, and then type values for IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway (if applicable). If you need assistance, contact your network administrator.
Note: If a fixed IP address is not immediately available, the network administrator may have you click Obtain an IP Address from a DHCP Server (instead of Specify an IP Address) to use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) as a temporary solution. Adobe, however, does not recommend using DHCP: If you restart the Acrobat Messenger workstation, its IP address can change and you would then need to reinitialize the system files for Acrobat Messenger to work. (Whenever the IP address changes, you must reinitialize the Acrobat Messenger system files.)
6. Click OK, close the Network dialog box, and then restart Windows NT. Acrobat Messenger starts automatically.
7. If you recently changed the host name or IP address of the Acrobat Messenger workstation, or if you did in step 5 above, reinitialize the Acrobat Messenger system files:
a. Return to Windows NT. For instructions, refer to page 18 of the Adobe Acrobat Messenger 1.0 Administrator Guide.
b. Choose Start > Programs > Adobe > Messenger 1.0 > Reinitialize Messenger System Files.
c. Return to Acrobat Messenger. For instructions, refer to page 18 the Adobe Acrobat Messenger 1.0 Administrator Guide.
Problems starting Acrobat Messenger are caused by one or more of the following: an improperly configured network, an improper connection between Acrobat Messenger and the network e-mail server, or failure to reinitialize the Acrobat Messenger system files if you changed the host name or IP address of the Acrobat Messenger workstation.
Acrobat Messenger must be connected to your network e-mail server to function properly. Acrobat Messenger uses the network e-mail server to authenticate the User Email ID and Password when you log in and send e-mail messages. In addition, errors may occur if you change the host name or IP address of the Acrobat Messenger workstation but don’t reinitialize the Acrobat Messenger system files. Acrobat Messenger doesn’t automatically reinitialize its system files; you must manually reinitialize them.