Building a Forum with Dreamweaver – Part 3: Posting Messages
In Part 2 of this tutorial, we taught you how to add user authentication to the forum. In this part, you will learn how to build the page that enables users to post a new message to a topic.
The page will be accessed through a link that appears on the message list page. The link will pass the
id_top URL parameter, which contains the identifier of the topic to which the message belongs. In this part, you will do the following:
- Add the link for posting messages in the view_message.php page.
- Restrict access to the page for posting messages so that only logged-in users are able to access it.
- Create the form for posting messages to the forum, which also inserts the information into the
- Part 1 and Part 2 of this tutorial
- Familiarity with the Dreamweaver workspace and interface
- Grasp of basic web application development concepts (no programming skills required)