Building a Forum with Dreamweaver – Part 2: Configuring E-mail Settings
May 20, 2006 | 0 comments
Configuring E-mail Settings
Forum users will receive several automatic e-mail messages:
- Account activation e-mail
- Welcome message after activation
- Password reminder e-mail
- Topic reply notifications
This is why you need to set an outgoing e-mail server. You can configure e-mail settings from the InterAKT Control Panel by clicking the E-mail Settings section.
In the dialog box that opens, you can configure the following (see Figure 8):
- Outgoing server’s name or IP address; if you are not sure about this, consult your network administrator
- Port number (25 by default)
- Username and password used to log in to the mail server (if required)
- Default sender’s e-mail address; this will appear in the From field in all message headers sent from the forum
Click OK to save the configuration, then click Close to exit the control panel. You have finished configuring user authentication for your site.
In the next section, you will build the user registration form.