An Overview of CSS in Dreamweaver MX 2004 – Workflow Recommendations
Experienced CSS developers will quickly adjust to the changes in the interface, because they are quite intuitive. Novice CSS users, on the other hand, may feel confused by the sheer number of methods available for making changes to styles.
So let’s look at what it does. It’s time to roll up our sleeves and dive in. Create a css test site:
- Launch Dreamweaver MX 2004 and choose Dreamweaver Site from the Create New column in the Start Page menu. Alternatively, once you launch Dreamweaver, choose Site > Manage Sites > New, then click Site. Click the Advanced tab if necessary.
- In the Site Name text box, type CSS test site.
- Click the file folder icon next to the Local Root Folder text box.
- In the Choose local root folder dialog box, browse to an appropriate place on your hard drive and click the New Folder icon to create a new folder called css_test.
- Select the css_test folder as the local root folder for your site.
- Click OK to accept these minimal settings. If you came to the Site Definition dialog box from the Manage Sites dialog box, click Done from within the Manage Sites dialog box.
We will use this same site to house the files we create in the following workflows.