An Overview of CSS in Dreamweaver MX 2004 – Quickly Generate Simple Styles and Build Upon Them
Quickly Generate Simple Styles and Build Upon Them
This may be how developers accidentally use Dreamweaver MX 2004 at first. Although the style attributes you can define within the Property inspector are limited, it is easy enough to add attributes to existing selectors. And, let’s face it: it sure is handy.
Determine the Overall Appearance of the Page:
- With the CSS test site active, create a new HTML file. Again, this is easy to do from the Start Page if that is showing, but you can also choose File > New; then from the Basic page category, choose HTML. Click Create.
- Save the file into the CSS test site as sampler.htm.
- In the Property inspector, click the Page Properties button to open the Page Properties dialog box. The Appearance category appears by default.
- Specify the following settings:
- Page font: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
- Size: 10 pixels
- Text color: #996600
- Background color: #FFFFCC
- Left Margin, Right Margin, Top Margin, Bottom Margin: 0 pixels
- Rollover links: #CC9900
- Visited links: #CCCC99
- Underline style: Hide underline on rollover
- Heading font: Courier New, Courier, Mono