An Overview of CSS in Dreamweaver 8 – Quickly Generate Simple Styles and Build Upon Them
Quickly Generate Simple Styles and Build Upon Them
This may be how some developers accidentally use Dreamweaver 8 at first. Although the style attributes you can define within the Property inspector are limited, it is easy enough to add attributes to existing selectors. And, let’s face it: it sure is handy.
Determine the Overall Appearance of the Page
- With the CSS test site active, create a new HTML file. Again, this is easy to do from the Start Page if that is in your Dreamweaver window display, but you can also choose File > New; then from the Basic page category, select HTML. Click Create.
- Save the file into the CSS test site as csstest.htm.
- In the Property inspector, click the Page Properties button to open the Page Properties dialog box. The Appearance category appears by default.
Specify the following settings:
- Page font: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
- Size: 10 pixels
- Text color: #333333
- Left Margin, Right Margin, Top Margin, Bottom Margin: 0 pixels
THtags are included with the body tag to receive the appearance stylings).