Fireworks MX 2004 – Creating the Bitmap Selection
Step 2: Creating the Bitmap Selection
Since the conference board is rectangular, it’s a perfect use for the Polygon Lasso tool.
- Select the Polygon Lasso tool
- Set the Edge to Anti-alias in the Property inspector
- Click and release in one of the 4 corners to set the first point
- Continue clicking and releasing in each of the remaining 3 corners
- Click and release one more time at the starting point to close the selection. You’ll know you’re ready to close the selection when a small, black square appears in the bottom right corner of your Polygon Lasso tool.
- Save your selection by going up to Select > Save Bitmap Selection. This will save the bitmap selection to the document and we’ll be able to bring back the selection if we accidentally deselect it.