Acrobat for Educators Sound Integration Test File and Instructions
Follow these steps using the placeholders below to experiment with adding sounds to this PDF file
To add a prerecorded sound comment:
1. On the toolbar, choose Review & Comment > Advanced Commenting Toolbar.
2. Select the Attach Sound tool from the attachments menu on the Advanced Commenting toolbar. Click the location where you want to place the sound comment.
3. Click Browse (Windows) or Choose (Mac OS), browse to the sound file you want to add from the Sound Goodies folder, and double-click the sound file.
4. To hear the prerecorded sound clip, click the Play button . Click OK when you’re finished.
5. Specify options in the Properties dialog and then click Close.
To record an audio comment:
1. Select the Attach Sound tool .
2. Click the location where you want to place the audio comment.
3. Do one of the following:
• (Windows) Click the Record button in the Sound Recorder dialog box, and speak into the microphone. Click the Stop button when you’re finished, and then click OK.
• (Mac OS) Click Record in the Record Sound dialog box, and speak into the microphone. Click Stop to complete the recording, and then click OK.
4. Select options in the Properties dialog box, and then click OK.
You can add sound clips using the Sound tool. You can also use page actions to play sound clips from links, bookmarks, and form fields.
To add a sound clip:
1. To select the Sound tool or the Select Object tool , do one of the following:
• Choose Tools > Advanced Editing > Sound Tool.
• Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) on the toolbar, and then choose Advanced Editing.
2. Choose the Sound tool from the media pop-up menu on the Advanced Editing toolbar.
3. Drag to create a rectangle that defines the play area. The rectangle boundaries define the activation area for the sound clip.
4. In the Add Sound dialog box, choose Acrobat 6 compatible media and browse to select a file from the Sound Goodies folder and click OK.
5. Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) on the rectangle and set its appearance properties.
To add a sound to a page action:
1. Click the Pages tab in the navigation Pane and click thet humbmnail of page 2 of this document.
2. Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) and choose Page Properties.
3. At the top of the Page Propertie dialog box click the Actions button.
4. In the Select Action pull-down menu choose Play a Sound, click Add, and select a sound from the Sound Goodies folder.
5. Close the dialog box and try out your page action.